Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Success!


Hey Bro, I needed to show you the new Classical, pretty sweet, only 50 bucks.... It will have to do. Notice the hearts around the sound hole..

The Scream Baby did not scream today in class!!!! He was actually funny and loved to play around with mini-drums. It made my day, until.....a kid named Takayuki decided to run around the classroom naked. What do I do with that, I didn't want to touch the kid, so I opened the door said in Japanese to the mother, "please help me" and she took him out. This kid was out of control, he even bit my arm. I mean wow, I thought the screaming baby was bad. This was another level.

The rest of my day was great. I had yoshi today, he is the funniest kid around. He keeps asking me if I have a girlfriend and if so what is her bra size....I have a hard time telling him to stop because I can't help but laugh. I started teaching him some idioms today and he uses them perfectly. After class he went up to Jeremy, my co-teacher and said, "Hey Jeremy, WORD ON THE STREET is that you are like a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH." This kid is great and I can see him doing great things. He is sooo smart. One more thing that I love about Japan is the gift giving. I had a mom give me this huge box of chocolates today. She said, "here is a Valentines gift, in Japan only women give gifts on this day." They love chocolate over here, everyday I eat about 10 pieces of chocolate. The other thing about the chocolate they give is that the chocolates look like little pieces of art.


After teaching, Jeremy and I headed out to a Yakiniku restaurant for dinner. Yakiniku restaurants are the best because you pay like 30 bucks for all the meat you can eat. They literally put like 10 plates of raw meat in front of you and all you have to do is put it on the hot stove in front of you. I ate every type of meat I could think of. It was great for me because I have been craving a giant American style meal since I've been here. I was actually FULL after a meal. Usually in Japan you leave a meal unsatisfied, or at least by American standards. If my stomach doesn't hurt after a meal, I'm not full. I finally achieved that after about 3 weeks.

So that was my Wednesday, I am getting into a nice groove, which is nice. Here are some more pics from the weekend. I will post again this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet guitar Johnny! I must admit in my 33 years of teaching, I never had a kid run around naked! I laughed when I read that! Glad that you are eating meat and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find these kids? One kid is a screamer and the other is nude. Hey, maybe we should have tried that in hockey practice--we could have gotten out of a workout or two.

    We miss you, Coach!

    ReplyDelete