Monday, February 15, 2010

Becoming an Alien


I finally got my Alien Registration Card this week. So it is official I am an Alien Resident. Sounds weird to call yourself an Alien, I prefer foreign resident. Now that I have this card I was able to open a bank account and get an awesome cell phone (ケイタイ). Japanese cell phones are awesome, my phone is basically a camera with a cell phone attached to it. Just check out the picture below. Notice the Pikachu key chain, it was a gift from Jeremy. Everyone in Japan has some weird Key Chain attached to their phone, I've seen some girls with like 20 key chains on their phones. I think I'll stick with Pikachu.

This weekend was fun, Jeremy and I went out on Saturday night and had a good time at the bars with some random people. The club was playing Japanese Hip Hop which is awesome because they rap so fast. I still need to get used to Japanese bars and restaurants, they stay open all night. I didn't get back to my apartment until like 5 am again. Today I took a train to Tottori University, I was supposed to meet my Japanese tutor at 2pm, but she never showed. I guess now that I have a cell phone I can call her from now on so that doesn't happen. It was nice to get over to that side of town and take a look around though. There is this giant lake, but they call it a pond for some reason. Here is a pic of Koyama lake/pond.

1 comment:

  1. My son the ALIEN!!!! Love it!!!
    Does having a phone mean that you can call Verizon now?
    You are a party animal!

    ReplyDelete