Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm going going back back to JAPAN

So I decided to return to Japan. When I left last July I wasn't quite ready to leave, I was homesick, but I was really getting into a groove over there. I was spending whole weekends without speaking English. I really miss that feeling, so I had thoughts about returning about in late August. I contacted my friend Cian, who runs the English School and told him that I would be interested in returning to Japan if he had anything available. He said, great I'll contact you in January. He didn't contact me right away in January and I was content with the fact of being in MN, I just got a new car, I was loving coaching hockey, I was hanging out with my best friends everyday. But on January 26th he emailed me and said that he would love to have me work for him and teach at a Junior High School near Mt. Daisen. This was exactly what I was looking for because I wanted to be close to Tottori, so I could reconnect with my friends and my Japanese tutor/mother Mitsue. Cian and I skyped a few times and he offered me the position. I was on the fence for a while because no matter what, family and friends can't be replaced. However, I kept hearing, this is the time when you can do stuff like this. I kept thinking that in 10 years I would look back and be happy that I took one more run in Japan. I also miss being close the ocean, jogging along the beach, surfing and climbing mountains. I also love speaking Japanese, it's such a great feeling when you go out and have conversations in a foreign language. One of the best moments I had in Japan the last time is when my buddy Hiroki heard me speaking English and said to me, "waaaaa, I forgot you speak English." Another thing I miss is the traveling, venturing into the unknown. Those are experiences that I can't have here, so I figured I might as well go out and discover some more crazy places this planet has to offer. When I was wandering the ghettos of Bangkok by myself I felt so alive, I miss that feeling.

I've been getting a lot of shit for leaving again, people saying, "you already did that" well to them I say, yes, I did it and it was amazing, so why not go again and ride out this economic downturn. I also want to go back and perfect my Japanese, I didn't do much studying previously, so I'm going to force myself to study like a Japanese student. I'm also going to have a car there, which will open up a plethora of opportunities, to surf more, travel and be independent.

I'm leaving for Seattle on the 18th to hang with my bro for a couple days before I go to Japan. I bought my tickets and now it is real.....

I'm thinking a lot about where I want to go, if anyone has any ideas please leave a comment. I really like the idea of Beijing and Indonesia or the Phillipines. Let me know what you think.

I'll miss you all, but know that I am doing what I love to do and that is, traveling and becoming a wannabe surfer.


Wish me luck.

JB

1 comment:

  1. Your Mama and Pops have given you roots and wings and we are glad that you are using those wings to go back to a place that you love and we trust that you will use those wings to fly home again...we love you and are proud of you Johnny Kelly Kennedy Budge!

    ReplyDelete