Monday, April 19, 2010

Teaching and More Teaching


I have been pretty busy over the last two weeks at work and haven't really been able or willing to do my usual exploring. I am excited because in ten days I will be on a Bullet Train headed for Tokyo. I don't know exactly what Jeremy and I will do once we get there, but I do know that it is going to be awesome. We are going to visit the famous Nikko Shrine where Ieyasu Tokugawa is buried, of the Tokugawa Shogunate. I love learning about Japanese history because it is so long and interesting. Samurais, Shoguns, Ninjas, Geishas, Temples and Shrines. The list goes on and to be able to go to such an interesting place is going to be awesome. In Tokyo we are going to do the tourist thing, go to Tokyo Tower (Japan's Eiffel Tower) and Asakusa Temple, and the famous Electronic District where robots walk around...not really but the most amazing technology in the world can be found there. I am also looking forward to seeing the busy streets and subways. We are also going to meet some of my friends from Fukushima there, I am so excited because these people are so much fun. Jeremy and I got hotel rooms in the middle of Shibuya which is like the Times Square of Tokyo. It should be a good time. Until then, I am not doing much, just working like usual and hanging out.
This weekend Jeremy DJed at the local club that we go to, it was a good time because our friends from Yonago came and this other Foreign band played. I also met some really nice Japanese girls and talked to them for like an hour in Japanese.
I had a nice lesson with Mitsue today, as usual it was a lot of fun and she made me some pancakes. Except they don't use Maple Syrup here, they use honey or jam. The honey was good, but it made me think of my mom's delicious pancakes and how I could really go for a stack. As usual I miss everyone and have to give a shout out to my guy Dahm for sending a nice birthday package filled with Candy.
I might not post again until Tokyo, so until then.
JB

1 comment:

  1. Johnny, Today is a beautiful spring day in Minnesota. We expect lots of pics from Tokyo!
    I am happy that Mitsue cooks for you. You should tell her that I used to make you Mickey Mouse pancakes! ha ha What a clever mother I was! XOXOXOOXOX

    ReplyDelete