Monday, April 5, 2010

Cherry Blossoms are awesome.







So this past week was a little hectic at work, but I was rewarded this weekend with the amazingly beautiful Cherry Blossoms (Sakura). They come out for about one week each year and they are spectacular. I have never appreciated trees so much until I saw the amazing Cherry Blossoms in full bloom this weekend. I am a person who loves trees, just ask my family about my favorite boy time hobby, climbing trees.
Jeremy and I went to Mt. Kyusho on Sunday at about 3 pm. They have a festival all weekend to celebrate the Cherry Blossoms. We found a spot to hang and we chilled for about 3 hours. After that we moved to this giant wall on the Mountain and watched the sunset, a little gay, but it was beautiful. I listened to relaxing music as I took the Cherry Blossoms in. It was probably the most relaxing thing I've ever done.
The next day we went and had a picnic under the Cherry Blossoms. This is called "Hanami" and it is a lot of fun. We went to this local river that is lined with Cherry Blossoms and sat under a tree and ate dinner. We drank sake, listened to music and exchanged stories. Jeremy and his friend Todd are hilarious, they are big time video game nerds. I have a hard time relating because the only video games I play are COD and sports games. Jeremy enjoys listening to Video Game soundtracks, it is too funny. Anyways the Cherry Blossoms are beautiful and it was a true pleasure to experience them this weekend.
Tottori is a beautiful place, but the Cherry Blossoms made it a wonderland this weekend. They are literally everywhere you go, they turn a normal street into heaven. Staring down at the Cherry Blossoms from Mt. Kyusho made me feel like I was looking down at clouds, that is how beautiful and fluffy they look.
Another things that I did this weekend was to purchase a Bullet Train ticket to TOKYO! Jeremy and I will be heading there at the end of the month and I am so excited. We are going to visit Nikko (my favorite Japanese Temple), climb Mt. Fuji and party it up in Tokyo. I can't wait!
Enjoy the photos, for the complete album go to facebook, and until next time....PEACE!

John Kelly Kennedy Budge (my older students laugh at my long name)

3 comments:

  1. Just don't climb any cherry blossom trees... you may fall out and break your face again..

    Seriously you always have loved climbing trees.. you use to climb to the very top of our maple tree which is higher than our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of streets of heaven and the photos really made it all come alive for me Johnny. I wish I could be with you to enjoy the sunset (not gay at all!). I am also happy that you are going to Tokyo! And yes, you totally were a tree boy growing up! You also climbed up street signs, roofs, anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our fast pace environment these days, we all should slow down and observe natures beauty! I love seeing your photos of that exquisite country. You know I'm a nature buff, what other kinds of plants, birds,butterflies and animals are unique there? I wish I could climb Mt. Fuji with you! Maybe Conor and the boys can do that with you in August.

    Love, Da

    ReplyDelete