Monday, April 26, 2010

Day with Mitsue



The pic above is of me at Yonago Train Station at 5am, Jeremy and I decided to take some funny pics...
I had a great lesson with Mitsue today, we took a hike outside at a nearby trail up a mountain. It was quite beautiful, and at the top we could see the surrounding mountain range and the Sea of Japan on the other side. It was a lot of fun hiking with her because we spoke in Japanese most of the time, except when I had a story I couldn't tell in Japanese. We talked a lot about family and I learned a lot more about her. She is going to Paris in a few months and wants to get into walking shape for her adventure. She goes abroad once a year with her husband and has been lucky enough to see most of the world. After the hike we went back to her house and I showed her pictures of the family. I forgot my camera at my apartment so I couldn't take any pics....shoot. I'll get a picture of my Sensei up soon though.

Mitsue also told me of an opportunity to volunteer once a week at a day care for kids with disabilities. I would be teaching them English after my lesson with Mitsue and it will be very convenient because the day care is right across the street from her house. I am excited to volunteer and help out these kids who otherwise would not have the opportunity to learn English.
After that I went home and packed for Tokyo!
I am off to Tokyo on Thursday, so get ready to see some amazing pictures soon!
JB

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo Johnny! 5:00 in the morning! Thanks for calling! Dad is talking to you right now! XOXOOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete