Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summertime is so fly.

Summertime in Japan is my favorite time to be here. There aren't any waves, so surfing is impossible, but snorkling and laying out in the sun is awesome. This year has been especially nice because the rainy season hasn't been all that rainy. Last year it seemed to rain everyday and that can get depressing. Next weekend we are having a 4th of July party and I can't wait, I brought my American Flag Tshirt just for this moment. I am also going to sing my own rendition of 'America F*** Yeah.' I feel that these Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans and Japanese people could use a dose of good ol American Patriotism. I got some amazing news about 2 weeks ago. One of the most important people in my life is coming to visit me August! I was talking to Becca on skype and told her that she should come in August, I told her which days I have off (July 24-August 28...oh yea) and the next thing I know she had purchased her ticket over here. It is going to be so much fun. We are going to meet up in Tokyo and then travel to Kyoto and finally we are going to go Yonago where I am living. I love showing people the amazing shrines, temple and castles. I also love chilling out on a beach, so that is also on the agenda. This means that I won't be going to the Philippines, but that is OK with me. I would rather travel around Japan and show Becca a good time anyday. Other than that, not much is going on here. I am playing guitar at a charity event tomorrow for my school, it will be my first time playing in front of an audience. Ahh. I am playing, 'Ue o Muite, Arukou' or 'The Sukiyaki' song by Kyu Sakamoto. It should be pretty interesting. I feel like that even if I mess up, they will love me because I am a foreigner. Wish me luck. JB

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that Becca is coming to visit you! You will have a blast! Have fun on the 4th! We will be celebrating with the Oliver Ave crew!
    XOXOOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete