Monday, March 14, 2011

Tsunami

I am safe everyone. I am so far from the chaos that I would have to drive for 12 hours to get there.


I now know why we use the Japanese word Tsunami in English. This past week has been crazy over here, well at least on the TV. People are going about their lives like nothing has happened. Just a few words here and there about the Quake and then people continue living. I guess that is the best thing to do, but it is hard for me to act like nothing happened. My friends up in Fukushima are living in a friend's apartment outside of the city with ten other people due to the fear of a nuclear meltdown. I am glad that everyone is safe and I hope that the rescue/clean up efforts proceed smoothly. Keep praying for and thinking about the people of Japan.


I am doing well, I am going to Hiroshima next weekend to meet up with Jeremy. Too bad our reunion won't be as crazy and fun as I would like because of the tragedy that has occurred here. I am pumped to see my favorite dude in Japan. He always has so much positive energy, so it will be nice to see him. I am also meeting my friend Catherine there, she goes home at the end of the month so it will be bittersweet. That is all for now.

I am alive and well, so don't worry about me! I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. John, thanks for posting. We have all been thinking about you. It is also interesting to get a perspective from Japan, compared to everywhere else. It is still the first lead in news story for every newscast. I'm glad you are safe and well.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary, your insights are so right on and true.
    Have fun with the J-Man!
    XOXOX
    Your Ma

    ReplyDelete