Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tough decision ahead....

So I have to decide whether or not I am going to stay in Tottori in like a week. I originally thought I had until mid July to decide, but apparently I must decide by the 30th. I haven't given it much thought and now I have to make an important decision. I like it here, but I don't know if I like it so much that I want to spend another year here. I want to come home because I miss everyone, but I don't know what exactly I would do when I get back. So I have an important decision to make and I want everyone's advice. Post a comment and let me know what you think.

Recently I have been really enjoying my time here. The weather is nice and hot and that means swimming in the ocean, bbqs, and some awesome hiking. I went to Yonago last weekend to meet some friends and watch soccer. It was awesome, we stayed up until 3am watching soccer, then the next day we bbqed all afternoon. The people in Yonago really know how to have a good time. I bought my tickets to the beach party that is on the 4th of July. It is going to be nuts, partying all night on the beach with DJs and fun people.

I have been having a good time at work, I am really connecting with some of more shy students. I have this one student, her name is Mayo, not like mayonaisse, but like MA YO. We still call her Mayonaisse though. Anyways we were playing a guessing game with famous people. She had Michael Jackson, and I knew it after like three questions, so I asked her, "Is he black or white?" Her answer exactly, "He used to be black, but he became white." I started laughing and pretty soon the whole class erupted in laughter. It was a good moment for one of my shyer classes.

So it has pretty been the same ol same ol around here, hiking, chillin, speaking Japanese on Saturday nights.

I have a tough decision ahead, but I am confident I'll make the correct choice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

3 comments:

  1. John Juan, of course my opinion is a biased one because I am your little sister.. but I really want you to come home. 2 years without you is too long.. on the other hand if you stay another year I would have no choice but to come visit you and that goes for the other members of our family.. We think and talk about you constantly we miss you so much.. family dinners in the back yard aren't the same. However, If you love it there, and think you have more to experience and learn I think you should stay. As much as it kills me to say that I think our entire family supports whatever you decided 100% There will always be a huge hole in minneapolis because you aren't here...but if we have to wait another year until you come home then so be it. I want you to do whatever makes you happy big bro,, after all that's what's important.. Big decisions ahead.. let us know what you decide! I am so proud of you!

    love always Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you need to decide now whether to stay for a second year when the first year is barely behind you? That is really tough. I love the experience you are getting in Japan, I think it is really going to shape who you are and what you become, but do you need a second year to do that?

    We support your decision whatever it may be and just know that ALL of us are so proud of what you are accomplishing, LOVE the stories you post and always wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, I agree with Jujubee and Mary...that we will support you in whatever you decide. I think that you have to list the pros and cons and Jeremy would tell you to pray about it so I will pray for you. Think about money and see if it will be profitable for you to stay. Your 20s are the time to experience life and you certainly are doing that now. The longer you stay however, the harder the reentry will be to the states. That might be something to think about. I know that my return from Bosnia was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I was only gone for 6 weeks or so! Of course like Julia and your brothers and Dad I agree that we miss you terribly. You are the eye of our hurricane, the light of our family, my heart and soul, my wonderful son...I love you no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete